Climate Finance for Sustainable Transformation of Agriculture and Food Systems
Session on November 9th, 16:30 to 17:15
Check back for updates on program
Transforming food systems is a must for climate mitigation, adaptation and building resilience. For a successful transformation process, sustainable investment and finance need to be mobilized. Climate Finance means investing in ways that directly contribute to mitigating climate change, support adaptation to climate change and drive sustainable development.
In this session, experts from NGOs, private sector, international organisations and government will share their experience in implementing successful models for climate financing and other initiatives towards climate mitigation and adaptation in the agriculture and food systems.
Some of the mechanisms that will be discussed are:
• Carbon credits for farmers and new developments on “carbon farming”
• Compensation mechanisms for ecosystem services
• Use of public investments to leverage private sector finance for ecosystems services and carbon farming
• Carbon certification processes and project development for smallholder farmers
• Economic assessment of climate action in the agricultural sector